06-Mär-2019, Ad#: 18190, Views: 697
Category: Banking & Finance
Senior MSME Finance Consultant (Nepal) (Fulltime)
Business & Finance Consulting
About Business & Finance Consulting (BFC):
BFC promotes and facilitates financial sector development in emerging markets through the provision of innovative consulting services. Our services are targeted towards financial intermediaries and international donors. We are committed to assisting emerging markets and developing countries in unlocking their economic potential, and to reducing poverty by means of financial sector development.
Business & Finance Consulting (BFC), a leading Swiss-based development finance consultancy with a global footprint of over 200 projects implemented in more than 70 developing countries, invites applications for the position of Senior MSME Finance Consultant, to join its team for an ongoing project in Nepal.
Within the framework of the project, BFC is working to build the agricultural lending and value chain financing capacity of local partner banks, as well as improve the financial literacy, business management and agricultural practices of local MSMEs.
Location: Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Duration: 12 months (with a possible extension)
- Advise and assist partner banks in implementing best-practice MSME lending approaches (including in agricultural financing)
- Develop and optimize credit procedures, credit risk management and underwriting tools, loan products, and delivery channels in the partner banks
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies and tools
- Assess capacity building needs, design and implement necessary training measures for the partner banks
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and develop strategic relationships
- Regularly report on activities undertaken and planned interventions
- At least 5 years of operational banking and/or consulting experience within banks
- Practical knowledge of MSME and agricultural lending
- Proven experience in deploying sustainable, effective solutions within financial institutions
- Good experience in staff training in banks/financial institutions
- Previous experience in a head office-based senior or middle-management position is required
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication skills and ability to network
- University degree in Finance, Banking, Business, Economics, Development or other relevant field
- Excellent command of English is essential, knowledge of German, French or Russian is an asset
- Flexibility to travel across Nepal, including rural areas
We are looking for highly motivated, proactive and result-oriented professionals. Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and a Cover Letter on-line at BFC official website.
The deadline for applications is March 17, 2019 COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your application!
Business & Finance Consulting
|Please mention "Workster.com Ad#18190" in your cover letter when applying for this position. |